Junaya Family Development Services (JFDS) offers an Early Intervention & prevention program (EIPP) providing information and advice for families who have children 0-18 years, as well as a 12 week home visiting program for families who have children 0-18 years and who live in the Blacktown local government area. Working alongside families, together exploring strengths, prioritising needs and developing plans to assist in meeting the needs and goals of the family. This can include, however is not limited to the following:
- Pregnancy support / Developing routines;
- Child development and attachment
- Managing challenging behaviour;
- Budgeting / Heathy meals
- Assistance with accessing services such as Centrelink, Housing etc. and more…..
JFDS also has a Learning Difficulties/Disability project also for families who have a children 0-18 years who experience a learning difficulty or disability and who reside in the Blacktown LGA. In addition to the Family Support/ Home visiting, the learning difficulties stream has options of specific areas of unique delivery, such as, however not limited to:
- Options to undertake observations of children across environments such as home, school and child care;
- a comprehensive case management report of observations and recommendations, that can assist in providing a further understanding of the strengths and needs of a child, or young person, it can also provide an across environmental picture for further consideration of parents and specialists and assist with behavioural planning,
- Assistance with understanding of diagnosis and responding to recommendations of clinical reports;
- A range of learning difficulty specific tools and templates developed to assist in case planning and more……..